The role of a speaker persona includes confidence, credibility, voice motivation and pronunciation. Due to my almost 10 years of experience as a Speaker, my recommendation for delivering an effective speech include the following tactics:
- First one is Smile. Smiling increases endorphin, replacing anxiety with calm and making you feel good about your presentation. Smiling also exhibits confidence and enthusiasm to the crowd.
- Practice: rehearse your presentation multiple times out loud.
- Transform Nervous Energy Into Enthusiasm: Studies have shown that an enthusiastic speech can win out over an eloquent one.
- Attend Other Presentations: Another speaker may also say something that you can play off of later in your own presentation.
- Arrive Early: It’s always best to allow yourself plenty of time to settle in before your talk.
- Adjust to Your Surroundings: Make sure to spend some time in the room where you will be delivering your presentation.